Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Steak Room





A new, luxury restaurant, Elbert's Steak Room, is located in a "hole in the wall" and out of the way place. It is not in a mall and cannot readily be seen from the street. You can directions from its website, I think.

Elbert's Steak Room is keeping up with a trend recently covered by Newsweek as Stealth Wealth. The rich and very rich today seek discreetness. They are all for spending on luxury but do not want to blurt it out to the world. I call this the anti-LV. The Louis Vuitton Murakami bag is, for me, the icon of gaudy nouveau riche. It's an ugly bag with a tacky design that doesn't really add style or elegance to anyone's look or wardrobe. It was not meant to be subdued at all. It was meant to scream, "Hey look! I'm rich! I could afford this bag." To me, I ask, "Galing kaya Greenhills ang bag ng matronang ito?"

No comments: